Survivor Pool Rules
- Each of the players chooses one NFL team each week. If your pick is correct, you survive. If the pick is wrong, you lose a life.
- Once you are out of lives, you're out!
- If a 2nd place bracket is configured, your first loss drops you to this bracket. The winner of the 1st place bracket cannot win the 2nd place bracket.
- The last player standing wins!
- Ties count as a win or loss, depending on the league setting.
- You must have your pick in by the deadline established by the league manager.
After you submit your pick, you can change it provided 1) the league's
configured deadline has not
past, 2) the configured grace period has not elapsed, 3) a
game has not started that you already picked.
- If your league has AutoPick enabled and you miss the deadline, a pick will be made for you provided you
haven't exceeded the configured number of weeks allowed for AutoPick generation.
If allowed by the league manager, you can override the league setting and choose
your own default AutoPick type under 'My Settings'.
- If your league is configured to require TWO picks for the week, you must get BOTH picks correct to win. If you miss either pick you lose ONE life. The system essentially treats a double-pick as ONE pick entity for the week, its either a win or a loss. So a player who gets one of the two picks correct is no better off than the player who misses both picks. The SOV for the week is the combined SOV of the two picks (which means its possible to lose the week with a positive SOV).
In essentially every scenario the following decides the order in the standings:
1) Most wins
2) Best strength of victory
For example, player A and B end the season tied. Player A has 0 losses and an SOV of 100, and player B has one loss and an SOV of 110. Player A is the winner. If Player A and B both have one loss, then player B would be the winner because of their higher SOV.
If All players lose in a given week:
Two things can happen, depending on the league "No Survivors Tie-breaker" setting. If Last Man Standing is configured, and its not the last week of the season (as configured by the league manager) all players alive at the beginning of the week are given a new life and move forward to the following week. If the configuration is Strength of Victory, the player with the highest SOV is the winner.
2nd place bracket leagues:
The same tie-breaker rules above apply to each bracket. However, the Last Man Standing option is only applicable to the 1st place bracket. That is, players in the 2nd place bracket are not moved forward if they all lose. Note that if Strength of Victory is the "No Survivors Tie-breaker" configuration, and everyone in the 1st place bracket loses, the winner is the player who began the week in the 1st place bracket and ends with the highest SOV. The 2nd place winner goes to whoever is left with the highest SOV, regardless if they began the week in the 1st or 2nd place bracket.