NFL Margin Pool
The Best NFL Football Margin Pool
Football margin pools are rapidly growing in popularity. They are similar to survivor football pools where you only pick one team each week. But unlike a survivor pool, you do not get eliminated if your team loses. Instead, you lose the number of points they lost by. If your team wins, you get the points they win by. Hence why its called a "margin" pool. The player with the highest margin (also called strength of victory) at the end of the season wins! The configuration options allow you to specify season ending prizes for 1st through to 3rd place. Create a margin pool or join an existing league today.
How Margin Pools Work
Each week you pick ONE team. If they win, you get the points they win by. If they lose, you lose the points they lost by. The player with the best margin (strength of victory) at the end of the season wins! It can't be any simpler than that.
What Players Get
- Standings page that shows the margin totals and each players picks through the season.
- Total prize information based on the number of players who joined the pool.
- Statistics to help you make your margin pool pick each week, including NFL team success rate for your league and across all leagues, strength of victory when used, etc.
- Comprehensive, life-long stats on your margin pool and your individual performance.
- Trophy case for all past 1st through 3rd place finishes across all leagues.
- Possible inclusion in the Hall of Fame and Hall of Lame.
Manager Configuration Options
- Configure the number of times the same team can be used. The default is 1, which means once a player uses a team, they can’t use them again.
- Specifying season-ending prizes for 1st through 3rd place, and closest to 0 to keep those out of contention engaged.
- Configure as a losers pool. In this case, you earn the score margin with a loss, and lose the margin if the team wins.
- Optional AutoPick feature that generates a pick for players who missed the
- Allow players to create up to 16 clones of themselves that can be used to make additional picks to increase their odds of winning the margin pool.
- Ability to customize the Margin Pool Rules page for your league.
- Tracking of player league fees paid in and prizes paid out, per-player note annotation (e.g. "player paid cash on Monday"), and optional notification to the player when they log in to the site if they have a balance due.
- Accept credit card payments for your league fee. This requires you to set up a free Pay Pay business account.
- Branding, which allows the manager to give the site its own look&feel and personal graphic/logo on the top of every page.
Given the similarity of our margin pool to survivor pools, give our Survivor Football vs Fantasy Football article a read to see why this would be a good alternative for Sunday fun!